Thursday 18 August 2011

Another unexpected find




Belgium is supposed to be hit by a heat wave starting tomorrow and I realized that, as usual, I made the mistake of not bringing enough t-shirts or any pair of shorts. My in-laws live in the Belgian countryside so that it is not too easy to remedy to this mistake with a quick shopping run to the nearby town. However, while looking for kids' shoes and rain boots, on our previous trip I have discovered Carmi, a mere 5-minutes ride away from my in-laws' house. Carmi is a Belgian department store specialized in footwear for the whole family, and on our last trip we had no problem in finding what we were looking for. We actually discovered the existence of a small playground, so that while my son was playing I had the chance to check out the rest of the store. I had been quite impressed by its eclectic mix of brands of clothing and handbags. For instance, the store had a wise selection of Michael by Michael Kors spring handbags in voluptuous colors as well as of Max Mara and Sportmax clothing line.

During my afternoon run to the grocery store, I thus stopped along the way at Carmi to see if I could find something to get me through the heat wave. Amidst a number of brands I did not know and some I prefer to forget about, my unexpected find was the line Paul by Paul Smith. I scored two beautiful cotton t-shirts with front floral silk panels, reasonably priced at 150$ each. I was just incredibly upset the store did not have my size of a tuxedo tweed jacket I adored. I also picked up an adorable school backpack for my son!

Once I got home, I was so intrigued that I looked online and I was excited to find out that you can shop the entire collection online as well, with worldwide delivery options. Now I know where to get the blazer...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...