Monday 26 September 2011

MFW: What I saw and what they saw




Milan Fashion week started on Thursday. Since I will likely not have neither the chance nor the time again to check it out, I took the day off and went downtown.

If you followed me on Twitter you already know what I saw, but let me recap and expand on a few points. When I got to center city, the show was getting set up. The core of it all was a big tent, the Fashion Hub, which had already been assembled right next to the Duomo with a list of all shows and events hung on one of its sides. Passerbies stopped to check it out, although all shows and events were invite-only and none of them probably could attend them. In fact, since the fashion insiders were at the shows, the shops were mainly empty. I stopped by in a couple of places to check out the Fall fashion (I still owe you a report on this, don't I?) and what made me smile was that the sales attendants were always surprised when they realized I was Italian -- a rarity amongst all the foreigners they were probably expecting this week. In the street, the color that people were wearing the most seemed to be red, with other brights following close. Especially in Via Montenapoleone I also saw many photographers, who were probably waiting for their next scoop on "street style at MFW" or other famous sightings.

Indeed the reason why I waited to finish this post is that I was curious about what was spotted and reported by the fashion insiders (which today means mainly bloggers). They saw a circus, if one has to trust the pictures that appeared on Fashionologie's daily reports (here is the full series: day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, day 5, day 6 and a recap).

Would I do it again? Probably not. After all, I am not a fashion blogger, I am just a mom. But I am glad I did it once!


Photo: Fashionologie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...