Tuesday 28 May 2013

Searching for the perfect, baby-appropriate, crossbody bag




Hello everyone! What was your go-to, everyday bag when your kids were small?

When my older son was born, I alternated between two shoulder bags that left my hands free. One of them has hit consignment long ago, the other one I lent to my mom and I am looking forward to retrieve during the summer. Before then, I decided to invest in a small, durable crossbody bag, which can hold my wallet, keys, phone and lipstick (while all baby essentials are stowed in the diaper bag).

Here are my thoughts on a few options I considered in the search for the perfect, baby-appropriate, crossbody bag.

Stella McCartney's Falabella bag (an all-time favorite of mine) is too floppy.

Alexander Wang's original Rocco bag (which I own), as well as the new Rockie bag, are too heavy.

The flaps on Longchamp's Balzane cross body bag stick out in a funny and unflattering way.

Lanvin's slouchy Amalia bag, which just sold out on Bluefly, or this sequined Valentino bag that I have been lusting over since it hit the Outnet, are just too big.

The mini bags I love are too small (sorry mini-Muse).

Mulberry's much awaited and newly released Willow tote is too boxy and way overpriced.

In the end, Phillip Lim came to the rescue, with a bag whose every stitch I love: the Vendetta bag. I purchased the black version on sale at Shopbop, but there is also a black & white version (pictured above) that is a perfect match for Spring and early Fall's obsession with black and white. Do you like it?


Photo: SASYA fashion & style blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...