Thursday 25 July 2013

Editing habits




Hello everyone! Have you checked out the Fall trends yet?

I know, I know. It is not even the end of July. Yet here in Italy every fashion magazine, from the glossy ones like Vogue to the everyday ones like Gioia!, has included in its August issue "the" insert. This is a booklet with at least a few of the key looks from  the FW13 fashion shows.

I have never found such inserts in the magazines that one can buy in North America. What is most interesting is the minimal editing. The looks are presented with little explanation, and grouped in a few general trends. They are far from steering consumers in one or another direction, and as such they are meant to inspire.

I have to confess that the editing is even too minimal for my taste. There is a part of me that thinks: tell me what to buy, I do not have time to figure it out myself from 500 runway looks. But maybe this year I'll try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...