Friday 18 October 2013

FW13 trends | The cool girl's backpack




Hello everyone! Do you wear backpacks?

This season, Marni heralded the return of the backpack, which is now here to stay as the it bag for Fall.

I am not that mom who can rock a bulky backpack. Being a professor, I feel it makes the boundaries between me and my students a bit too blurry. I have a Napapijri backpack that occasionally I bring myself to wear only in the summer -- I most recently used it for our summer trip to Italy, just because I carried the Ergobaby and even a tote was out of the question.

I have considered too many times to upgrade to a designer backpack (Elizabeth and James' spotted calf hair drawstring backpack in their recently launched line of handbags is at the top of my list). The price tag, and the grim prospects of wearing it, have stopped me every single one.

This is why I have fallen for Zara's rucksack with zips. Roomy, but not bulky. Alexander Wang's kind of cool. Marni-like convertible. I predict it will be one of those Zara items popping up everywhere -- and in my daily outfits more than any other bag I own.

P.S. This is the second post in our FW13 trends coverage. In case you missed it, here is the first one.


Photo: Zara October ad campaign.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...