Wednesday 16 October 2013

Over and out




Hello everyone! At which point in the season do you shop?

Recently I keep coming across reminders of the in-versus-out-of-season buying fashion issue. In a interview given to Vogue (and published in the August issue -- I know I am a bit behind my reading...), Tamara Mellon professes that the main innovation of her upcoming namesake line will be its in-season presence. Think selling bikinis in summer. This article in T magazine indeed reminded me that buying a coat in winter has become almost preposterous, and that resort is the collection lingering the longest on the shelves.

Somehow, it all seems such a luxury problem to me though. We all want to be fashionable, but even while I was living in Italy (two years ago as well as while growing up) there was little pressure to be the very first to own new season's items. Perhaps this is why I have given in so easily to the North American sales culture. I seldom buy items full price. I always wait for the next sale.

If you are like me, this is the time in the season you can begin your shopping! Columbus Day is behind us, and Friends & Family offers abound. For instance, at Shopbop you can take 25% off until tomorrow with code INTHEFAMILY25. Over at Saks, the sale went live online today, and you can take 25% off with code FRNFAM until October 20. (I expect Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman to follow suit soon). Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic Canada are sticking to their regular online offers, check back often to get the best deal.

Happy shopping!


Photo: Max Mara's Cube, one of my favorite winter coats (as you may remember from this post).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...