Monday 18 November 2013

Birthday at the Museum








Hello everyone! Do you normally celebrate your kids' birthdays at home or at a different venue?

Last weekend we celebrated my son's seventh birthday at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. It was the first time we did not hold his birthday party at home, but with a number of invitees close to 15 and a baby at home, it was the only possible choice.

Not that I minded. A kids' birthday party with no work required on my part and no cleanup? Count me in. As I am writing after the fact, I wonder why we did not start doing it sooner :)

Anyway, my son worried about how to top last year's Jedi training or the magician who entertained our most recent family party. We also wanted a venue art-oriented more than sports-oriented. The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts was the answer to our needs. We had already been really happy about its summer camp, which my son attended a couple of years ago. The Museum staff worked with us to find the best activity to fit my son's tastes, and organized everything from the activities to the cutting of the cake (that's pretty much the only thing we had to bring).

Totally recommended if you live in Montreal!


Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
1380 Sherbrooke Street
Montreal, QC H3G 1J5
514-285-2000 (option 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...