Tuesday 4 October 2011

Getting ready for Fall, part 3b // Your closet should not wear you down



Yesterday my son was sick, so I stayed at home with him. Don't you hate when your kids are sick? He has come down with a really bad cold and a fever that I was not able to bring down for the whole day. I hate to have to count the minutes until the moment I can give him the next Tylenol.

In between a few cartoons, some story telling, and a little playing, I distracted myself by going back to our series on Fall fashion. This post is a short addendum to a couple of my earlier posts (here and here), and it comes from a realization I had today that I'd like to share with you.

All of us have items of compulsive obsessions that pile up in our closets. For me, these are basics: jeans, black pants, LBD, and the like. Basics are the perfect investment piece, because you will always need them. Isn't is also a rule of sale shopping that you should always get classic pieces? So, while trying to be savvy when shopping, I ended up with a set of closet items that are, on the whole, monochrome and boring.

I think this is why, now that I have figured out what's in my closet, I do not think it reflects who I am and who I want to be. This is my outcry: you should not wear only black pants because this is all you have in your closet! Break free, and do not let your closet wear you down.


Photo: Locks and Trinkets. Sculpture by Zenos Frudakis, "Freedom".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...