Thursday 1 December 2011

Cubism




One cannot get through the winter in Canada without a good puffer coat. In fact, I have two: a short, light one for temperatures above -5 degrees Celsius, and a longer, heavier one for the really cold months of January and February. The latter is a down-filled puffer by Les Copains that I purchased about 10 years ago, and that is still irreplaceable. It is long, but not bulky, and awfully warm. I did not bring it along to Italy this year though, because I knew people (read: my mother) are picky about out-of-fashion items (how about vintage? Anyway...), and also because temperatures are more forgiving here.

I brought along only my lighter puffer, which I have purchased about five years ago and I wanted to replace. For the past couple of years, I have had the intention to replace it with Max Mara's "Cube" (pictured above), a modular down-filled puffer jacket that can be worn with multiple accessories. Yet Max Mara is unaffordable in Canada, so the Cube was one of the main items on my winter wishlist. 

Today I finally got it, and I could not be happier with my purchase. The Cube is incredibly light, but very warm at the same time. In fact, I think that it is a valid replacement of my Les Copains heavier puffer jacket more than the light coat was planning to buy. Too bad, I will have to shop again for this one :-)  The Cube is super-stylish as well and I got a lot of compliments already. Totally recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...