Wednesday 16 November 2011

A little bit of home away from home





I have come to realize that adjusting back to live in a country where you have been missing for more than a decade is not easy, even when the country in question happens to be Italy. Yes, the food is yummy, the people are friendly, fashion access is unbeatable. Yet I miss our quiet life in Canada, our big house, our garden, our friends, what we have built as a family in the country we call home.

Pardon me the nostalgia. This evening I got in the mail Neiman Marcus' Christmas Book, delivered here, to our temporary Italian address. At the beginning the joy I felt for this little bit of home away from home reminded me of that episode of Sex and the City where Miranda receives her favorite magazine at her new Brooklyn address for the first time. Then, sadness kicked in. We will be here for a while, and I will not get to see our garden blossoming in the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...