Friday 18 November 2011

Glad I just stopped by




This morning I woke up to a post of The Blonde Salad's Chiara Ferragni that made me a bit jelous. She was detailing what she got of the Versace for H&M collection at a press event last night. Looking at her picture (above) I could not help but think that I had to have that leather trench. I then entertained for a few minutes the idea of actually going to the launch (which I had been planning on skipping, as you may remember from my earlier post), but at that point it was already 8:30 am and I knew it was unlikely I could get in the store before noon -- and by then I was almost sure not to find anything or anything worth of buying. 

I did not think about the whole issue until much later in the day. My husband had decided to celebrate the end of a big project by going shopping downtown with me for a new puffer jacket for our son. (Did I mention that the temperature has dramatically dropped so that we have skipped coat season altogether? The weather is so humid that 5 degrees feel like -10, if you ask me -- and I live in Canada!). While we were going around, we kept seeing people carrying the Versace for H&M shopping bag, so I got curious. How could it be that people still found something to buy of the collection at 5 pm in the afternoon? I just could not understand what was going on. So we stopped by. 


Two things amazed me. First, the abundance of merchandise still on display: I think the only item I could not see were the scarves. Second, the fact that items were really "awful", to quote my husband. I would say: flashy and cheap-looking. I would have never worn the bag and the top I had my eyes on, let alone the trench, without looking... neither age- nor role-appropriate, I realized. Studded trench at the school meeting? Definitely not. To go to the office? Maybe if I would work in fashion. Date night? My husband said he would not take me dressed like that!


Photo: The Blonde Salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...