Sunday 1 April 2012

From London










Hello everyone and happy Fool's Day! Did you have a good weekend?

My son and I joined my husband in London yesterday shortly after lunch. We had woken up at 5 am to catch our flight, so we took a long nap and, after we woke up, we spent the short remainder of the afternoon to explore the wonderful and super-chic neighbourhood where our hotel is located. My husband did it again: after booking for my business trip to Paris one of the most fashion-oriented hotel in town, this time he has placed us at the heart of Mayfair, on the corner between Burberry and Moschino (at the Westbury Hotel). Well done honey!

Today we all woke up much refreshed and, after a good, old English breakfast, we spent the whole day walking around. We hit Buckingham Palace first, then observed the change of the guards at St James' Palace, heard the Big Ben ticking on the hour, and visited the Aquarium. After lunch, we took a short cruise on the Thames because my son wanted to check that the London Bridge was not falling down after all (he remembers the song quite well), and then headed back on a double-decker bus -- with a quick stop on Leicester Square for tickets to the Lion King and a M&Ms refill. Here are a few pics of our explorations so far. Sorry for the rushed post, but tomorrow I am embarking on a day trip to Legoland Windsor with my son (while my husband is busy for work) and I gotta be fresh. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...