Wednesday 1 August 2012

I am Sally




Hello everyone! Did you have a good weekend?

I know, it is already Tuesday. Nonetheless, our weekend has stretched until yesterday, because it was my husband's birthday and we decided to have not one, but two parties. God bless the summer :)

On Sunday, I cooked for 12 people. Yesterday evening, we went out to eat at one of our favourite restaurants in the neighbourhood. Around the end of the meal, it hit me. I have become like Sally in the iconic movie When Harry met Sally. Because one of the things that does not feel quite right since we got back is... hem, the food. One year of Italy has made unwillingly to compromise on certain tastes, which means two things. First, I am a pain in restaurants. I ask about sauces on the side, perfectly-cooked fish and so on. Second, I do a lot of research when grocery shopping, and so far this is where I am at: local fruit (peaches from Ontario, I a looking at you) and vegetables are exceptional in the summer, but forget the mozzarella.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...