Monday 26 November 2012

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!




Hello everyone! Did you have a good Thanksgiving weekend?

Any other year, we would have also organized Thanksgiving dinner with a small group of American friends who have lived a long time in the US as we did. This year, however, ours and our friends' busy schedules did not allow us to celebrate together last Thursday. Friday was not a holiday, and we all had meetings, deadlines and courses to teach. Fortunately, we did not skip this tradition altogether, and on Saturday night we were invited by a couple of American friends for a late Thanksgiving dinner. It was a lovely evening, one of the rare adult-only evening that my husband and I lately get to enjoy.

Nonetheless the emotional turmoil associated with my parents' departure after their visit in occasion of my son's birthday, and the upcoming work week charged with many problems, did not make me enjoy it as much as I would have liked. In fact, this morning I found myself particularly drained, and all the excitement for the upcoming holiday season (and my birthday in less than two weeks!) seems to have vanished...


Illustration by Creature Comforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...