Thursday 22 November 2012

Pregnancy Style Diary, week 26 | Maternity wear, take 2





Hello everyone! Remember how I had set off yesterday to look for basics for my last trimester?

Although my first outing for maternity wear had been quite disappointing, I decided to give it another shot and went to two places: Apso Bibi and Bloom Maternity.

Apso Bibi (5274 Boulevard Saint Laurent, Montreal) was a great place to discover. It carries a good selection of brands (from Citizen of Humanity jeans to Isabella Oliver dresses), but I found that its most attractive feature is a really convenient price-quality ratio. Flattering dresses range from 100 to 200 CAD, and come numerous styles. I tried on several ones, and left with a great black wrap dress with removable feather pin, which I will be able to wear as a day dress (without the pin) as well as an evening dress for the upcoming holiday season. I will probably go back for the side-ruched blue dress as well...

Bloom Maternity (4937-B Sherbrooke Street, Westmount) is a store I already knew well. I have made frequent trips here during my first pregnancy, as well as this one, mainly to buy designer maternity jeans or have my own ones converted into maternity style (remember this post?). Yesterday I was a bit out of luck because in the past few weeks the store has been running a big sale, and it was waiting to restock. I had my eyes on a great pair of black pants, which unfortunately were too big, and I am looking forward to go back once my size gets back in stock.

Together with the pants, the main item that I have not been able to cross off my list are knits. Even upscale maternity stores like Apso Bibi or Bloom Maternity carry a small selection of cashmere or merino wool knitwear. Do you have any suggestions?

P.S. In the two pictures of Apso Bibi at the top of this post, you can admire Stephanie Chiriqui's stunning pictures. I have been long wondering whether to have professional pictures taken while I am pregnant and now I am quite tempted. Did you do it? Would you recommend it?

P.P.S. Click here for more posts in the "What I wore through my pregnancy" series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...