Sunday 27 October 2013

Me, myself, and the pumpkin





Hello everyone! Do you consider yourself as being competitive?

This is the pumpkin we submitted to our local library's Halloween contest. Yesterday evening we fund out that we did not win. We did not even get third place. I am not a competitive person, but boy I was BUGGED. It took me a while to figure out why. My best friend, for the second year in a row, won. (Remember her pumpkin from last year?) Her son is my son's best friend, and last year their victory had quite upset my little boy. This year I wanted to show him I could help him win. I failed. I felt like I failed him.

Kids are amazing though. Last night, before falling asleep, I asked my son whether I had let him down. He told me: "Of course not! Our is a great pumpkin! We'll make something even better for next year!"
I still entered our pumpkin for Lego's Halloween competition though...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...