Monday 28 October 2013

Thoughts on a Monday morning




Hello everyone and happy Monday!

I hope you had a splendid weekend. Ours was heavily Halloween-themed, with our local library's annual scavenger hunt (and pumpkin decorating contest), a birthday party, and kids activities at the gym.

That's where I find myself again on this rainy, cold and miserable Monday morning, catching up on my favorite blogs while the baby sleeps in the back seat. He has had a spout of gastro in the past few days, so today I decided to keep home from daycare to recover.

This is why this quote (discovered via the only and only SF girl by the Bay) really reasoned with me, and has ended up straight on my desktop (BTW, wouldn't this confetti wallpaper be perfect for the holiday season?). Our life has gotten so busy with two kids (I know, duh). Most days are a time accelerator, as I indeed try to do everything, from working (yes, my maternity leave is over) to squaring the circle of school pickup-homeworks-family dinners. I cannot do everything though, and so far it is my work that suffers. I have given myself a free pass this semester because I know I cannot do everything. I want to be there for my baby. When my older son was born I did not have the same luxury. I had to work towards tenure, and every minute counted. This time around, I have come to terms with the fact that it's ok if I do not publish any groundbreaking research for a couple of months. 

You can do anything, but you cannot do everything. Ditto. And remember to laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...