Wednesday 30 April 2014

I am ready, I mean, packed







































Hello everyone! Do you travel for work?

I do not travel much anymore. Since my older's son birth, I am not able to go far away, or for a long time. The one travel appointment I do not miss is the major conference in my field, which is always held around the end of April in the US. It is not only the change to get up-to-date on the latest research trends (yes, there is such a thing), but also to connect with all my friends, who are now scattered all over the world. This year, the conference is in Boston, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Boston is the city where my husband and I met for he first time, and where I spent a professionally unbearable, but personally enriching, year after I finished my PhD. But.

It is the first time I am leaving my baby since he was born almost fifteen months ago. I am still breastfeeding him at night. Mamma is the word he uses the most. I honestly cannot form a mental image of myself leaving him.

I am packed, but I am not ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...