Tuesday 26 August 2014

The beachwear I wish I had bought























Hello everyone! Are you heading to the beach for Labor Day Weekend?

Our stay at the Italian Riviera is just a memory that came all back as I am trying to finish to unpack our suitcases (I know, more than a week after coming back). Our extended beach time for this summer would have been the perfect occasion to freshen up my stock of beachwear, but I did not follow my own advice and worried too much about CPW. Looking back, I regret not investing in a few pieces that would have gotten some legwork. I hope this post helps you to make better choices to bid farewell to summer in style!

At the top of my list was a new pair of sunglasses, like these by Illesteva that keep popping up on Purseblog's Instagram feed.  I also pondered for a good two months about buying this silver Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote for hanging around the two beach resorts we visited in Hawaii, which I had seen in a store in Montreal during the winter. By the time I decided to go for it, it was out of stock. Similarly out of stock were these beige patent Birkenstock for J. Crew that I would have gladly swapped my flatforms for. I would also have never imagined that the cool weather in Italy could have made this shell-embellished cotton cardigan useful as much as appropriate. (Halfway through our stay I actually tried to order it, but could not get it delivered to the remote town where we were staying). What to say about a stylish beach tote? I have been chasing this fashion souvenir since last year... and still not have the budget for it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...