Saturday 30 August 2014

Is it a pair of jeans? A pair of pants?

























Hello everyone! Did you check out Banana Republic lately?

As her fellow GAP, the brand is trying to reinvent itself. Last week, while I was waiting for Garance DorĂ© appearance at Indigo Chapters, I went to check out Banana Republic flagship store in downtown Montreal. If you had figured out what #thenewBR is about, please let me know, because I could not. (As much as previous ones, the pieces from the Roland Mouret for Banana Republic collaboration were also unimpressive in my view, and looked cheap). 

The highlight of my visit was that I could finally try on the Sloan pant. It is an ankle-cropped skinny pair of pants that cames in a multitude of colors, and that I hoped was going to fill my need for a pair of pale grey pants for Fall. I wanted to like this style: the fabric is really soft and supercomfortable. Yet it felt like a pair of pants with an identity crisis, with a design in between that of a pair of skinny jeans and that of a dressy pair of pants. I was so sad that it did not work out for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...