Monday 6 October 2014

The Fall Fashion Edit: Duplicity



























Hello everyone and happy Monday!

Like it or not (I do, Fall is my favourite season), coat season is here. Yesterday, as I took the rest of my coats out of storage, I had a major flashback. To the fur galore at the Max Mara store in downtown Milan, which I came across during a brief passage there during our summer trip. Once we got back to Canada, and I started catching up with the stack of magazines trapped on mail hold while we were gone, fur and animal prints were all over their pages, too. (The August issue of most magazines can be thin, but man does it make the best preview of the Fall trends.)

A month into (almost) daily updates on the Fall trends, though, and I began to draft in my mind an editorial titled "Unfuss". Because fur aside, FW14 still has that 90s minimalism to it, which we have grown accustomed to in the past few years.

I was putting away my fashion magazines last week, and the caption of Elle Canada's trend report (The Wild Bunch) caught my attention: "At Celine, Phoebe Philo's sophisticated take on animal prints...".  That's the key to FW14: unfussy embellishment, whether you will cover yourself in fur or not. (Did I say fur?)

Which interestingly makes FW14 a transition season, too, because most of SS15 is a return to the look-at-me nineties, to cite the Huffington Post. (I mean, even Rick Owens had flashy yellow all over its latest collection).

You may be obsessed with her or not, but it always begins with Celine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...