Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day!




Happy Mother's Day to you all! I am particularly excited today because, for the first time in years, my mom will be here to celebrate with us. It is also one of the rare occasions where I get to dress up and the weather seems to have finally gotten milder so that I can actually put on one of my new spring purchases.

This morning I also had the time to catch up with some of my emails, that I had neglected in preparation for my parents' arrival from overseas. Shopbop had a really interesting feature with interviews to famous designers to find out how motherhood has changed their personal style. My favorite was the interview with Stacey Bendet (of Alice + Olivia), who said: "Every once in a while I wear 4-inches heels instead of 6-inches ones (like park days). " I have to say: kudos to Stacey! Since my son's arrival I live in skinny jeans and flats, I do not wear white for fear it would be ruined by dirty little hands, I have stored my evening dresses, and 3-inches heels have become my maximum height. So, what if I turn the question to you: how has motherhood changed your personal style?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...