Saturday 14 May 2011

No more flats!



About a month ago, while attending a conference in Washington DC, I started having excruciating pain in my left foot. I originally blamed it on the pumps I had worn at one of the meetings (damn you, Jimmy Choo!), but I realized that this situation had been mounting since March.

If it had been a question of forgetting heels for a while I would have not been that upset -- as you know, I do not wear heels often. But what seems to trigger my foot pain were my beloved flats! In fact, I ended up having to buy a pair of sneakers to get through the rest of the trip, when my husband and son joined me for some sightseeing on the East Coast.

The physiotherapist I consulted sentenced that I actually should not wear flats anymore ever, because my feet are flat. I almost wanted to cry, thinking about all my ballerinas, and the money I spent over the past few year to buy them! Do you have any advice?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...