Wednesday 25 January 2012

Random thoughts while shopping






Do you ever use your lunch break to go shopping?

Today I had a meeting downtown and decided to exploit this opportunity to go and check out my favorite stores in Montreal. Shopping in Milan is, without a doubt, more glamourous, but I have been missing a good, exhaustive display of American designers.

Alongside the end-of-season sales, almost everywhere is neon-galore. GAP even sells neon-yellow and fuchsia underwear and activewear. More conservative stores such as Louis Vuitton and Chanel have opted for banana-yellow wallets or, in the former case, even a few bags. What sense does this display make at this point in the season though? There is no spring in Montreal and now the temperature is still quite cold. The gauze fuchsia tops will come in handy possibly in four months. Club Monaco is the only store in winter mode, with tree logs in its window display and a mossy green palette. If I were living in Montreal, I would shop only there. Yet I am not this year, so I felt allowed to become obsessed by neon yellow and purchase a t-shirt in this color from GAP. I am sure my mother will hate it :-)
Stopping by Ogilvy, I noticed that Teenflo has completed its transition to Judith and Charles, but still sells the awesome-fitting blazers I love (move over, Stella McCartney!) A grey one I have seen today is on top of my list as soon as we get back.

Ending my daily outing at Holt Renfrew, I got outraged, as usual, at the prices of Max Mara's clothing. Canadian women, hear my cry: if you want to buy Max Mara, get on the plane to Italy. It will be cheaper and you'll get a nice holiday out of it. I was happy, however, to notice that the Theory boutique still sells pre-Oliver Thiskens' styles. Am I the only one who misses them?


Photo: Couture Couturier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...