Sunday 25 March 2012

On my mind



Greetings from Geneva! I did a lot of traveling this week, and did not have much time to think, but this is what has been on my mind:



Living a bit out of a suitcase. I have a love-hate relationship with traveling (above: Vintage Voyager suitcase, no longer available; photo: Road Scholar). The part I hated the most this week was the one day I spent in Milan, in between the trips to Paris and Geneva. I am sure you know how it is: mountains of laundry, empty fridge, pieces of small Lego everywhere. I am glad I perfected my art of packing though (more on this in a later post).



Nature. Seeing Monet's Nymphaeas in Paris has awakened my longing for nature and being outdoors (above: Monet's gardens at Giverny, 1900, in the homonymous painting; photo: Modern Painting). Thanks to the wonderful weather in Paris, Milan and Geneva I have been able to be outside as much as possible (in fact, I am writing this post in the garden), and that has really improved my mood!



Shorts. Warm weather is upon us and the shorts dilemma has become the center of another discussion among moms (above: Sass & Bide SS12 tribal shorts; photo: Glam UK). I love shorts but unfortunately I have learnt that they are a big no-no in Milan for women like me... (remember this post?) I just wish we were going to the beach at some point before Fall to be able to wear them.



Dior's Apricot nail cream. It is one of Ines' Lafressange beauty essentials and it has made
 my nails and cuticles presentable even though I have not had time for a manicure in three weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...