Thursday 11 October 2012

Prada vs Prada





Hello everyone! Have you ever heard of power walking?

I am not talking about the Olympics sport. Rather, with an analogy to power dressing, I am talking about the power of wearing a great pair of shoes. I have always loved shoes, but I have been quite a conformist until recently. One might say that my love for ballerinas had been holding me back! As I have not been able to wear them anymore, last fall I expanded my footwear closet horizon by adding platform booties, a pair of Valentino Rockstud pumps, and a pair of Dolce & Gabbana animal print kitten heels. Perhaps because my clothing options are shrinking as rapidly as my belly is expanding, a few weeks ago I discovered how fashionable and on trend wearing a pair of these great heels made me feel. Hence when I saw this pair of Prada suede purple mid-heel pumps in Holt Renfrew last month, I begged the sale representative to find a pair in my size. I had been searching for a pair of shoes in this color since I saw a mom wearing it in Italy outside my son's school last year, and I love the fact that the heel keeps the same shape as Prada's hectic stilettos from the Fall runaway (which I would never be able to wear).

Since my budget is limited, my order meant returning the pair of Prada boots I had gotten on sale at Winners just a couple of days before. Do you think I made the right decision?

P.S. I have not been able to find the same pair of Prada shoes online. If you are interested, Bluefly has the same style in black patent leather, Saks has the same style in patent navy or nude leather, Nordstrom has the same color in a ballerina style or in a 4" pump. As for the boots, I found them on Bluefly as well (they fit large to size, so you may want to go down half a size).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...