Friday 12 October 2012

Pregnancy Style Diary, week 20 | The first low point




Hello everyone! Did you ever hit a low point in the quest for being fashionable while pregnant?

Today that moment arrived for me. The thing is that I am getting big as fast as temperatures are dropping so that I need to cover up, but most sweaters I own cannot cover my bulging belly anymore!

Today I thus squeezed in between many errands a visit to The Bay downtown, officially to buy stockings (yes, you need special ones of those too!) and unofficially to look for loose sweaters.

I tried everything. From a few Topshop pieces (Topshop opened at the Bay's "Room" a few weeks ago, and I can tell you it is not the most exciting brand you can find there) to Lord & Taylor's cashmere (another new arrival at the Bay) to a Jessica Simpson sweater. The result was discomforting. I remembered why it is difficult to wear non-maternity wear when your pregnant belly cannot be hidden anymore: the fit is all off. If you take a size larger than you normally wear, your belly may fit fine, but the shoulders will look big.

At least I bought stockings.

P.S. Click here for more posts in the "What I wore through my pregnancy" series.


Photo: Shutter Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...