Monday 18 March 2013

It's a wrap




Hello everyone! Did you use a sling or a baby carrier when your children were little?

When I was pregnant with my older son, I purchased a Baby Bjorn carrier for 50$ at our local consignment store. I had no idea what to do with it until a friend suggested to use to rock my son to sleep, since he most definitely could not fall asleep in his crib. That Baby Bjorn became my best friend for the following six months.

Meanwhile I met other moms who swore by baby slings for the first few months of their babies' life. I did not give it much thought until, two weeks after my baby boy's birth, I had to go to the office for an important meeting. I then remembered Licia Ronzulli, and her flawless style -- sling included.

After some research, I ordered the Baby K'tan Baby Carrier on Amazon. It looked exactly like Licia Ronzulli's one, and turned out to be as comfortable as promised once I tried it on. The only issue? It maybe easier to put on than other slings do, but still requires a lot of fiddling. Too much for my taste, in fact. Perhaps, had I had my baby in the summer, I would have used it more than I actually did. So I am returning it, and I have already gotten my Baby Bjorn out of storage.

P.S. My best friend has rather opted for the Ergo Baby, which she says provides more back support than the Baby Bjorn. You can read a good review of it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...