Friday 14 February 2014

Pink or red for St Valentine's Day?




Hello everyone and Happy St Valentine's Day! Did you wear pink or red today?

My older son has the day off school, so we had a slow start this morning that was the best gift (considering the baby is still not letting me sleep much... waiting for the tide to turn now that he is one years old any time though, right?). My husband went out to get croissants and I did not have to care about the dirty dishes from last night because this morning my housekeeper is coming. Bliss.

Somehow, this year I also decided to go the whole nine yards and dress thematically. Heart-embossed iPhone case: check. Love bracelet: check. Cruciani heart bracelet: check. Pink sweater: check. Yes, pink. Maybe because pink has been popping everywhere at NYFW. Maybe because pink is the colour for spring (Neiman Marcus has a few styling suggestions -- I like, especially that IRO white jacket and J Brand fuchsia cutoff shorts combo). Whatever the inspiration, I realized that for someone who does not consider pink to be her favourite colour, I seem to have an impressive array of clothing in this hue.

But it is this little Zara bag that has been giving me the deepest satisfaction today. Coral red with pink piping and a French touch, made of a saffiano leather look-a-like material that feels as true as the original. VoilĂ !

P.S. In case you are team red, you may want to snag this awesome red Fendi baguette over at Yoox!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...