Wednesday 24 September 2014

Enter #thenewBR



































Hello everyone! Have you heard about #thenewBR?

The collection edited by Banana Republic's newly-appointed Creative Director Marissa Webb launched online and in-stores yesterday.

The pictures surfacing through Instagram and the magazines suggests that core to this change is a urban cool inspiration, and that's exactly the feel I got when I went to visit the brand's flagship store in downtown Montreal today. From leather pants to leather trim, urban cool is all about leather at #thenewBR. I got particularly excited by the leather pants, which come in a range of colours and are affordable. When I tried them on, they also felt soft and not too tight as other leather pants do. Perhaps because they have a more relaxed fit though they were baggy around my knees and looked weird overall. A bit like the Sloan pant, the leather pants seemed not to be able to find their identity as a leather pant rather than a wool pant.

That said, I like the new spin that Marissa Webb has given to the brand and I encourage you to check it out!


Photo: Monogram moto leather jacket, available exclusively in stores.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...